Harrisons Chartered Surveyors provide a complete Development Consultancy service for private, corporate and public sector organisations throughout Kent and the South East for residential, commercial and mixed use developments.
We will provide what is arguably the most important aspect of the development process. In the majority of cases the driver for developing land is to generate a profit from the project and our involvement will be the key to ensuring that the scheme remains viable, whilst minimising risk and cost.
We are able to provide advice in support of a larger Professional Consultancy Team or we can provide a lead consultancy role, thus ensuring that all the required expertise is sought from the appropriate consultants at the right stage.
In either case we will provide Landowners and Developers with a range of detailed development advice to form a strategy in how best to develop a site and to ensure the scheme is made available for disposal in its best form to maximise outcomes for our client.
Our range of in-house services and those in conjunction with our associated firm of Architects include:
- Options appraisals
- Feasibility and designs for proposed scheme
- Town Planning advice
- Viability – ensuring financially viable planning consents
- Site Assembly
- Landowner Agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Development partner selection
- Surplus site disposal
- Negotiate affordable housing with viability support
- Advice on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Valuation – providing Gross Development Values
- Manage external consultants to obtain supporting documentation (eg. Environmental reports, Transport Assessment and Statement, Access Statements)
- Submission of planning applications
- Negotiating planning conditions and obligations
- Discharge, vary and remove planning conditions
- Disposal of sites to a developer or continuing role as a Project Manager through to completion of scheme.
Following Planning Approval landowners can utilise our Development Agency service to market the sites subject to planning, or we can continue our role, using our Pre-contract and Contract Administration services to develop the sites in accordance with the planning consent.
Following completion of the development, any commercial properties within the scheme can be marketed by our Commercial Agency department and our associated company Harrisons Residential can provide marketing services for any residential properties within the scheme.