Residential property valuations are required to establish the value of property assets for many reasons.
The reason for the valuation will determine the basis of value adopted, although in all cases the value is the opinion of the individual valuer who undertakes the instruction.
To be confident in your valuation you will need to ensure that the valuer has sufficient local knowledge of the market conditions in the area of instruction.
At Harrisons, all our valuers are RICS Registered Valuers who have many years of experience throughout Kent.
Purpose of Valuation
We regularly provide Freehold / Leasehold Residential Valuations for the following purposes:
- Sales and Acquisitions – Supporting sales / purchase prices
- Investment Valuations – Assisting with the Asset Management and its rental income
- Loan Security & Bank Advisory in support of mortgage lending or other financial matters
- Housing Association and Local Authority Residential Valuations – Assisting with the purchase of sites and marketing of completed units
- Shared Ownership Staircasing – A Housing Association compliant valuation to purchase a larger share of your property
- Taxation – Inheritance (Probate), Capital Gains, Stamp Duty
- Development Appraisals – Assisting with the investment or asset management of property and assessing viability for planning applications
- Expert Witness – Divorce, Business & PI Claims
- Litigation – Divorce, Partner / Director Business Buyouts
- Compulsory Purchase & Compensation – Assisting with negotiations for compulsorily acquired property for road schemes and regeneration projects
- Insurance Rebuilding Cost Assessments
The above valuations are regularly undertaken on behalf of clients. However, if your requirements differ please feel free to contact one of our valuers to discuss how we can best help you. To provide you with a tailored competitive quote we will need to know the address of the property, the reason for the valuation and any other information such as brief tenancy details.