Property valuations are required for many reasons, whether owned or occupied, to establish the value of a property asset.
The reason for the valuation will determine the basis of value adopted, although in all cases the value is the opinion of the individual valuer who undertakes the instruction. At Harrisons, all our valuers are RICS Registered and have many years’ experience and local expertise.
Purpose of Valuation
We regularly provide Freehold / Leasehold Residential and Commercial valuations for the following purposes:
- Sales and Acquisitions – Supporting sales / purchase prices
- Investment Valuations – Assisting with the Asset Management and its rental income
- Loan Security & Bank Advisory in support of mortgage lending or other financial matters
- SIPP (Self Invested Pension Plan) & SASS (Small Self Administered Scheme) – Supporting initial purchase and subsequent updates
- Local Authority Assets – for annual Local Authority accounting
- Housing Association and Local Authority Residential Valuations – Assisting with the purchase of sites and marketing of completed units
- Shared Ownership Staircasing – A Housing Association compliant valuation to purchase a larger share of your property
- Taxation – Inheritance (Probate), Capital Gains, Stamp Duty
- Company Accounts – Regular or one-off valuations for inclusion within annual accounts
- Development Appraisals – Assisting with the investment or asset management of property and assessing viability for planning applications
- Rental Valuations – Assisting with non arm’s length lease arrangements.
- Expert Witness – Divorce, Business & PI Claims
- Charities Act – Valuations to advise Charities in accordance with the relevant legislation
- Litigation – Divorce, Partner / Director Business Buyouts
- Section 18 Valuations – Dilapidations
- Compulsory Purchase & Compensation – Assisting with negotiations for compulsorily acquired property for road schemes and regeneration projects
- Insurance Rebuilding Cost Assessments
The above valuations are regularly undertaken on behalf of clients. However, if your requirements differ please feel free to contact one of our valuers to discuss how we can best help you.
We do not have a standard fee scale since all properties are different. To provide you with a tailored competitive fee quote, just tell us the address of the property, the reason for the valuation and brief details of any other relevant information such as lease terms.