Harrisons Building Surveying department specialises in dealing with the insurance reinstatement of buildings following insurable peril events such as fire, flood and escape of water, storm and other such perils.
We have a wide knowledge and in-depth experience of all building types and claims, including historic and Listed Buildings and domestic and commercial claims for both residential and commercial properties.
We act for the privately insured parties, loss adjusters, insurance brokers and insurers in managing the project from the initial aftermath of the incident to handover following reinstatement, by providing the following services:
- Instructing contractors to ensure the building is safe and secure
- Inspecting the extent of damage including invasive investigations to identify hidden damage
- Research historical / non-standard construction types, where necessary
- Confirming cause of the insurable event
- Instructing reputable contractors to strip out damaged property
- Liaise with local authorities to comply with statutory requirements
- Design and specify reinstatement works
- Deal with planning applications, where necessary
- Invite and administer a competitive tendering process.
- Administer CDM, Health & Safety and Party Wall matters
- Monitor building works through to completion
- Carry out final inspections and handover reinstated buildings